11.15.2006

Long Weekend

Last Friday I was off due to veterans Day. Even though it was just pissin' down rain all morning I decided to make use of my free time and get in a bit of a ride during daylight. I headed out about 10AM during a short break in the weather. I headed down to the south end of Lake Washington and swung back around to loop around Mercer Island. The ride was cold and wet, but was fun until about 2:30 hrs when cold rain finally got to my core and I got very cold. The last 30 minutes back to the house was pure survival. I think it's time for a new rain jacket. Wintex jackets are great in the cold, but can only take so much rain. Maybe one of these...


On Saturday a bunch of Ti Cyclers met out at Black Diamonds for some mountain biking. I picked up Robyn and Rachel and had a quick drive to meet the others. Even with all rain the trails here drain very well and there were only a few puddles. The hardest part of the day was slipping on roots hidden by the fallen leaves. This caused many dabs a few falls, but nothing too bad.

Sunday was 5th stop of the 2007 ECC series at the Evergreen recreation fields near West Seattle. This is a favorite course for many including myself. It was another wet day in the Northwest and mud was the flavor. After kitting up I headed out on the course for a few inspection lap. RIght from the get go I could tell I had a tired body. I did a few more laps hoping things would get better. I almost did even sign up, but I did thinking I could at least earn a few points and get in some race training.



With my race going so poorly I decided to pull the plug early. There simple no point in continuing just to finish plus I was soon to be in the way of the leaders. Oh well...hopefully the USGP race goes better. In theory I should have a good start position because it based on registration order. Hope I have the motor to make use of it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home